Friday, September 18, 2009

Summers Almost Over

Seems like summer just started. We were planting the crops and now its time to harvest what we planted. The neighbors have been cutting corn this week. The corn this year has been very tall. Here's a picture of Me in the corn field. This year the corn reminded me of the movie "Children of the Corn" don't ask me why but the corn field creeped me out. Lucky I got home from work early enough to get this shot. They had the field cut by the end of the day.


Here is a shot of the monster coming through the field as you can see the corn was really tall. It must have been two of me and I'm not short 5' 8" so it must have been about 12 feet tall. Here is a picture of the cutter and a truck so the corn was quiet tall. I took this picture on Wednesday and they are still cutting corn today the pile is getting quiet high.






I've got lots of tomatoes and am planning on making homemade tomato soup. I've been given lots of fruit so I have to decide what to do with it. I made some grape juice and can't decide if I want to make grape jelly or not. Decisions decisions something will come about.


I received my Woolgirl Sock Club shipment this week
It looks interesting now doesn't it. The theme was "Love Bug" and we got all kinds of goodies.







  • 1 skein of Miss Babs "Yummy" fingering weight sock yarn in the Ladybug colorway. with a mini skein of Ladybug black for heels and toes.

  • "Fly Away Home" sock pattern by Lisa Dykstra

  • 7" The Fibersphere -- the ultimate in fiber protection

  • Mini lady bug sphere to hold your stitch markers of extras

  • Ladybug stitch marker by Gail from Blitzknit

  • A handy-dandy ladybug pen which has a tape measure on the end

  • A ladybug emery board

  • A mini-ladybug heart notepad

  • A ladybug eraser.

  • 2 Love Bug magnets

  • Ladybug stickers and a ladybug tattoo
I have been knitting on the mystery sock and I have one done and am working on the second one it is a fun pattern and has a lot of work to do on it. I can't travel with it and because the pattern changes every row and I don't have it memorized, I used the semi fancy heel and the fancy toe. I wish I had paid more attention to the toe when I was knitting and started the decreases sooner. But I still like how it is turning out.


I am also working on a pair of sock called "Sunday Swing" this is a fun and easy to memorize pattern and is my travel sock. I am finally using the first sock club shipment from Yarn Pirate called Rum Runner. I have tried to use this yarn before but I didn't like the pooling but this time around it is working out well . So I am happy so far I'm working on the gusset now.


I LOVE to spin I am having so much fun watching the roving turn into string and then the strings turn into yarn. This is not a good picture of my string but it is turning out and I'm having lots of fun. I'm using a pencil roving from Fiber Optic Yarns called Moonbeam. Gena and I bought this at Sock Summit we split it just to see if we would like it or not and we didn't know if we would even like spinning. Now I can't wait to save up enough money to buy a spinning wheel.
Well that's enough for tonight I'll try again this weekend. So keep those sticks aclickn'.
Happily knitting socks, Bye.

1 comment:

debi's place said...

Love your mystery sock. What a great job you are doing on it.