Thursday, September 10, 2009

Spinning, Knitting and Life

I got my Loopy Ewe Sock Club this week. WOW do I love it. I have tried to get my hand on this yarn in any color but without any luck I haven't. When it come in it is gone just as fast. But in this shipment we got Wollmeise. I feel so lucky it will probably be the only skein of this yarn that I will ever have. The colorway is Guide to Galaxy in Teals and Burgundy. I love how they blend together the two colors. The pattern is by Jeannie Cartmel called Zig Zag Diamonds, a Loopy Ewe knitting accessory bag and cute notepad.
My knitting is coming along slowly this week I just haven't had a lot of knitting time. Work seems to be getting in the way. Tony has me working all over the time clock, one day I open the next day I close and then open again in the morning. My days seem to just run in to each other. Day I close and tomorrow I open the bar and then work a dinner shift but I get Sunday off It will feel good to just do nothing. To do it all over again.
But my knitting has been slow because I've been spinning and I love it. I bought myself a new spindle. It spins much faster then my old one so I can spin finer. I've got some yarn resting right now and I hope to ply it Sunday. I want to buy a spinning wheel now I'm having to much fun with it but I know that my knitting will suffer for it.
Well that's it for now, so keep those sticks aclickn', Happily knitting socks, Bye.

No comments: