Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sock and Yarn


All about my sock and some yarn that I bought. First off I finished a pair of socks, the mystery sock KAL. I finally got them off the needles. This pattern was by Adrienne Fong a fun pattern to work, she wrote the pattern in 5 parts so you never got the pattern at one time. So it made it all the more fun because you don't know what you are knitting but that's the best part. I was always behind everyone else but they are done in time. I knit them using Hazel Knits artisan sock yarn in Sanguine Peach.

I also got sock one of my Sunday Swing socks using the very first sock yarn from the Yarn Pirate sock club. Rum Runner I love the colorway. I had tried to use this yarn on other patterns but I didn't like how it pooled but this time around it has turned out great. this is my travel sock which goes with me everywhere. Not that I can work on it but I keep trying. I work on it in my room while I have the other sock I work on watching TV.

I have started another sock using the book "Knitting Sock with Handpainted Yarn" the pattern is by Debi Barnhill, Potpourri Sock. The sock offer a bit of a challenge with changing stitch count, yarn overs and wrapped stitches. Every seventh row features a ribbon of color created with a double figure-eight wrapped stitch. So it should be fun to knit. I am using Sock Pixie yarn Kate Chopin a very colorful yarn I hope this works with the pattern



Yarn the I bought. This yarn I wanted to buy at Sock Summit. It is a colorway by Lorna's Laces that they did for the Dye for Glory contest, BBQ Zombies, this colorway is so different that I had to have it. The Loopy Ewe had it and sold out and they got more it so I bought it right away this time around I didn't want to loose it.



Another yarn that I fell in love with at Sock Summit was by Wool Candy, She had the softest yarn I loved to fondle it. Woolgirl is now carrying her line of yarns so I bought 2 of her colorways: the first is from her Meringue Merino line "Cerises" I love red yarns they have so much depth to them. I also got from the Lollopop BFL line "Wagashi" a beautiful neutral color.








Now to decided what to knit?????? What pattern will work with these yarns????? Help me to decided and you will get.............. Let me think I know I've got something to give away.
That's it for now I'll get back with you later with my spinning. So keep those sticks aclickn'.
Happily knitting socks, Bye.

1 comment:

Barb said...

What Mystery Sock KAL do you belong to? I would love to do a KAL like that after Christmas.
Firelily