Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Life Around Here

I've been busy doing I don't know what. But the day's have slipped by and I don't know where they have gone. So please forgive me for not blogging and working on "Did You Know". I will be working on it this week so I can get a segment done for next week.

So far I have stuck to my weight lose. I'm down 12 pounds and my clothes are fitting looser and that makes me feel good. Just a whole bunch more to go. I really haven't craved chocolate or anything sweet on that front but I miss Coke. Some guy opened a coke around me and I wanted to rip it out of his hand and just down it. I did refrain and bought a water and drank it instead. I really am trying to be good. Now I just have to start to do a little exercise and I know the weight will come off faster.

My knitting is coming along I do have to many things on my needles so that means that I have to knit a little faster to get them empty. Right now I have 4 pair of socks on needles and that is not like me.

1. I have my sock for Death by Socks that I want to get done fast. I started them Saturday night and am on the second one I want to get them done by Friday and I can get them into the mail. This pair has to go to Alberta and we know that will take some time.

2. I have a test knit that I'm working on. I have one sock done and have to do the second one. I let the person know and she was cool with that. The first one turned out good and I like the pattern and will finish it.

3. I have a pair of socks for Debbie, at work, the pattern is Rapanzel's Braid by Ruth Greenwald aka The Yarnarian. I am using Cherry Blossom Fiber yarn in Grape Poupon. I like how it is turning out the pattern is cables and lace.

4. In the bag and hasn't seen the light of day for awhile is the Calpernia Socks. They are made with Socks that Rock "Grawk". This is a toe up sock and I want to get back to it just to see how the pattern turns out. I don't have a picture of it so I want to see it.

So as you can see that's a lot of socks for me on the needles and I want to get them all don't so I can start a Lace Shawl. I have halfway picked out the pattern It by Evelyn Clark "Estonian Garden Scarf/Wrap" it s a very pretty shawl and I think I can do it, if not I will attempt it.
Not much else on the knitting front.
On the yarn front I will have a great February. I am in several sock yarn clubs, Woolgirl Sock Club, Hazel Knits Sock Club an Loopy Ewe Sock Club.I am looking forward to all three, but I think my I'm most exited about is Hazel Knits, this is her first sock club and is going to be sending out 2 different skeins with each shipment. One a variegated and one a semi-solid so its some thing to look forward too. The Loopy Ewe sock club I didn't really think I would get into. They do a lottery for spots and I got a spot so I was sorta happy there. I want to keep getting the Wizard of Oz series that Jen is doing over at Woolgirl but that will all depend on the funds.

Not much is happening around here. Tony still is looking for work, he has an opportunity to go into partnership with someone to purchase a Restaurant. Not saying any more don't want to jinks it.
Micheal is still unemployed we don't know for sure what is going on with Wilson Motors, so this is how he spends his day. I will kill me if he sees the picture but since he doesn't read my blog I figure whatever.
Chris is working and taking a class on painting, we don't see him much. He is still with It, he just can't get rid of her. She is a bad penny that just keeps showing up.
Me,well work is picking up a little, I've have to actually clean rooms more because of illness in the housekeepers but if it means work I'll do it. My body is sore and I wish I was 3" shorter just to make beds and clean bathtub. My back is killing from bending all day. I am knitting as fast as I can just to get projects done and too empty my needles or I'll have to buy more.
The snow from yesterday is starting to melt we had over an inch of the white fluffy stuff. I hope that is the last of it and maybe we'll see more sun. to keep your feet warm and those sticks aclickn'.
Happily knitting socks, Bye.

2 comments:

Toby said...

Wow Bev, it sounds like you've been very busy. Congrats on losing 12 pounds and resisting the sweets!

I am surprised you have 4 different socks in progress. Sometimes variety is needed though. Looking forward to seeing what you get in your sock clubs next month!

Barb said...

Love your DBS socks! Glad I wasn't your target....but....mine have been sent to me ;(
Barb Johnson