Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A NEW DAY

Today is a new day with a new President. We all have a new renown sense of hope and optimism for our glorious nation. I enjoyed his address he spoke of the work that was done by our forefathers to make our nation, now we just have to stand up and believe in our selves to make it happen. "Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and begin again the work of remaking America,” Obama said. We now have hope for the future and in that future you can be anything you want to be.
I loved the poem in the the benediction that was delivered by the Rev. Joseph Lowery, founder of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, an engine of the civil rights movement. Lowery pulling laughter from the crowd with a rhyme familiar in many of America’s black churches:
“We ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around, when yellow will be mellow, when the red man can get ahead, man, and when white will embrace what is right,” Lowery, 87, prayed. “That all those who do justice and love mercy say Amen.”
The crowd thundered back, “Amen!”
It put a smile on my face because its so true.

Now for the Knitting front:
Gena I love my new bag. It holds so much and I love the color but we all knew that I would.
I'm almost done with my Double Eyelet Rib sock I hope to have it done this week. I had trouble with doing the heel flap I just didn't understand all the way and just wanted to get them done. I did a short row heel. I like this pattern it is simple and easy to make, If you are in need of an easy pattern and a fun one to make give this pattern a chance.
If you have any of White Oak Studio yarn in your stash I'm sure you have enjoyed knitting with it as I have I will be knitting with more of it that is hidden in my many drawers.
I'm getting ready to start my next sock it is for "Death by Socks" group on yahoo. This is the 5th time I have been in the race I still haven't won maybe this time I will get into the right group of people that are slow knitters. The last group I was in I had people that lived faraway and shipping time can kill you in this group. The time before that the person I had never sent the socks that I was suppose to finish and so on and so on. Hopefully this time around will go better. I've picked out my yarn, all I have to do is make gauge with it. I have another yarn to back up with.
I've been pondering my Did You Know segments I'm going to pick a subject that I want to know more about and work on that for a whole month. For my first month I've chosen wool from the sheep to my foot. What do you think? How much to you know?
So keep your feet warm and those sticks aclickn'.
Happily knitting socks, Bye

No comments: