Thursday, January 15, 2009

Look What I Got

I don't know about you but I have been wanting one of these: A Namasta bag I got A Zuma in Hollywood Pink. I have know idea why I wanted one I just did and now I have one.
They have lots of room the other day I changed from my purse and loaded it in. Took my knitting bag I carry, which I pack with at least to kip bags, accessory bag and god knows what else, into the bag. I then added 2 large books and 2 books on CD and carried it all the knitting club. It was great.

You can see it has lots of room and I will fill it with all my work in progress I carry around. In the same order from Loopy Ewe I got: This yarn has been on my wish list for ages and I don't know why I just didn't buy it but I didn't. It is Hazel Knit artisan sock yarn in "Alki Reflection", the colorway reminds me of when I live in West Seattle just above Alki Beach and would go for walks in that area. I just love all the colors in this yarn.
I also got Penchance to Knit... ...handpainting a rainbow into every skein. The colorway is Sultry, superwash merino it has a lot of yardage 450 yds so I can do a pair of sock and maybe a pair of hand mitts. When I seen this yarn I thought of Micheal's girlfriend, Abby. The last pair of socks I knit for here she picked out Pretty Pirate from Yarn Pirate, maybe that why I thought of her. The yarn also came with a stitch marker which I will put to use.
The third yarn I got was another yarn that has been in my basket for ages is Noro Silk Garden Sock Yarn. This yarn is a composition is 40% Lamb's wool, 25% Silk, 25% Nylon and 10% Kid Merino. The colorway is S87, I love the mixture of the colors I can't wait to see how it knits up.
All the above cost me $5.50 I used my gift certificate that I have saved from the Ravelry Swap I won.
Onto my Knitting I finished one sock from my test knit. I turned out good and I do like the pattern. I'm almost done with the first sock from Double Eyelet Rib I want to use almost all the yarn so I'm almost to the ribbing on the top.
Death by Socks is starting soon so I need to get ready for that. My person to kill likes earth colors so I still have to go diving through my stash to find a yarn, knit a swatch to get gauge, yes I will knit one. I then get ready by the 25th to knit like a mad crazy person.
I want to sign up for Sock Madness 3 again that should be fun because that's totally crazy knitting just to get to the next round. I would like to get to the third round again or just a little further but I doubt if I can.
The family, Tony is still out of work but he is always on the look out but no one is hiring right now. Micheal looks like he has a new job Chris got him one at Wilson Motors so he will be starting soon. Chris is still keeping busy and for myself well that's another story.
So keep your feet warm and those sticks aclickn' unltill next time.
Happily knitting socks, Bye.

1 comment:

Gena said...

Hows the new purse? It looks like there is alot of room in there. I can't wait to see it.