Thursday, February 5, 2009

Warm Weather and Life

Not much has been happening around here. The sun is shinning today and I got a picture of an Eagle that has been roosting in the Maple tree. This morning there was 3 birds sitting there. They look so majestic, it is a sight to see I never get tired of seeing them or hearing the sounds they make.

I have noticed that the daffodils are coming up so it looks like maybe spring is on its way. It always make me feel good. The next sign I look for is the green on the raspberries then I know that spring is really here. So hurry up spring and get here. I am so ready for the sun and a little bit more warmth.


Tony been working on the roof, with the big Northeast winds we were having a lot of the shingles blew off and he replaced some and then they blew off. So he was up working doing what ever a guy does on the roof just so it won't leak. He is still not working and is going stir crazy, want to do something but doesn't know what to do.

Micheal has decided to join the Army and will be going down to Seattle on Sunday to take the test and physical. He will be sign his contract for 4 years and has decided he want to learn to be a handy man, so if you have something broken we will know who to call. He will ship out the first part of March to do his basic training, 9 weeks, in Jacksonville NC and then he will go straight to training, for 12 weeks in I don't remember. He will get to come home then for 2 weeks. I guess we will all have to say a little pray for him to get through all that. We here all support him in his decision I know it wasn't an easy one for him. Abby's not 100% behind him and has been givig him a lot of grief. But he can't find a job so this was a choice he has made.

The other morning I had to run back into the house to take this picture and that is what I'm going to leave you with. So have a great week and I be back later, keep your feet warm with wool socks and keep those sticks aclickn'.

Happily knitting sock, Bye.

1 comment:

Toby said...

What wonderful photos Bev! I agree with you about eagles, I never tire of them either. And that sunrise is incredible . I feel like we don't get beautiful sunrises and sunset as often in MT as in WA. Or maybe it's just the gray/white days of Winter lingering in my mind.

I'm jealous of your tulips. I was outside yesterday and didn't see any sign of any bulb activity yet. I suspect it will be another month before the crocuses come up, wish I had marked it on the calendar last year so I'd remember when it happened.

That is big news for Michael. What a tough decision, I can't imagine. I'll be thinking of you and hoping that you'll have good news on the Tony side of things soon too. Wouldn't want him to go stir crazy! I always tell my DH when he's antsy that he should learn to knit, but it's not gonna happen.