Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What's Up in My Life.

Hello one and all, I know my blogging has been bad as of late but it's not all my fault, my cousin, whom shall remain nameless, has gotten into facebook. And I'm spending to much time there. Then there is Ravelry, my knitting, e-mails, the job and my family. I can't wait to tell her that there's not enough time in the day to do it all.

My knitting is coming along slowly, but it not all that slow. I'm working on a test knit for Woolgirl and Miss Babs that has to be done fast. So that is what I've been working on. The socks for Amanda where down 5 inches and I discovered it was too small to the frog pond and start all over. I went up a half size in my needles and added 8 stitches. I'm only 2 inches into it this time.
Carlos' socks are about 3" I needed mindless knitting I'm using Gentleman's Fancy Socks by Nancy Bush out of her book Vintage Socks.
I have also been asked to test knit for Emily again. I knit her pattern "Boo Sock Toe-up". This time around it will be cuff down and cables. I am really enjoying cables it sounds crazy but my last few socks that I have done as test knits have been cables. But in honesty I love cables once I figure out which is left and right for the needle. I really should learn how to knit without the cable needle. Life would be so much easier.

For the family: Micheal's time at home is going fast but trust me he is driving me CRAZY. Sometimes I wish he would ship out that day but I would miss him. We have stopped our nightly talks he's never at home, he's at the gym. He decided he needed to get into shape before ship out date. Plus he will get a promotion if he works out and can pass some sort of test.
Chris is still Chris but no more It. I hope. Things just came to a head and he couldn't take it anymore. All his friends couldn't stand her and continued to tell him. His family disliked her and didn't want her around so then he could talk to us because she didn't want to be bashed from us. I guess if she would have been more of a human we would have liked here better. Chris seems much happier now and is home more and is trying to figure out what its like to be home again and to have a life.
Tony is still unemployed his favorite saying lately is "I want a job" "I want to work" it's getting old too. Things with the restaurant seems to be going right along and he seems happy with that. But he still want a job. I told him to go and volunteer his time it would at least get him out of the house and my hair. I'm getting to hate my day's off people are under foot and I can't get work done and then they yell at me when I sit and knit.
Me, well I'm still working this month has been quite but at least I'm still working. My knitting is coming along as I've said. I want to organize my yarn one of these days. I'm still making Knitting bags and have to set up an Etsy site so I can sell them. I've got them in all different sizes.
This month is sock club month and yarn is coming into the house slowly. I am in several sock clubs. Woolgirl Sock Club which I have been in since the beginning is a great club I love the yarn choices she picks out and all the extras are beyond words. I made it into the Loopy Ewe Sock Club, it was a fluky thing, Shair has a lottery for spots in the club, so you know me why not. I got in I couldn't believe it. I've heard great things about the club and she gets different Indy dyers just like Woolgirl. I am also in Hazel Knits Sock Club, its Wendee's first sock club and Gena, my sister, and I have been waiting for this one. I got my first shipment today and WOW. I'm so glad we did this one. I am also getting from Woolgirl her "Wizard of Oz" series kits. They are great kits and I love the yarn, this next kit is Glenda the Good Witch. I will post all the pictues at one time for all these kits.
Now I just need the time to knit I swear there just isn't enough hours in the day to knit. Why o why do I have to work I would love to sit and knit all day. I would have to turn off my computer but I would I promise. But to sit and knit and knit and knit. Maybe one day.
So keep your feet warm and those sticks aclickn'.
Happily knitting socks, Bye

No comments: