Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow and Wind and Knitting

It snowed and we had a northeastern wind coming right down the Frazer Valley so our snow didn't stay on the ground. I think it blew to Bellingham because they got more snow there.
I missed one day of work so far. I could have made it in but I had the next two days off and didn't want to get stuck there. With my luck I wouldn't have enough to knit and would have lots of dead time. I took some pictures looking down the road at the barn not that far from the house. They where taken at 1:30 PM, 3:00PM and at dusk as the day got longer you could barely see the barn.






That was on Wednesday. Today we had sun but the next storm in due in Saturday night Sunday morning with more snow and wind. I plan on taking lots of knitting and clothes with me tomorrow so that if I have to stay I will be ready for anything.
Micheal is still unemployed but I has decided to go back to school and learn a trade. I am proud of him. Chris still is working and plans to move out next month. Micheal can't wait to get rid of his brother. Tony has been laid off from his job. So this is a depressing household. It's not that bad but I can't wait to go to work. I'm going stir crazy can't sit still don't want to do anything but I've got to move.
My knitting
I've been working on the scarf it was for Carmen but she quit so now it just a scarf. I tried several different patterns but I didn't find one I liked that went with the yarn. So I came up with the one I used and it looks good. It's a simple cable pattern. The yarn is Dream in Color Classy worsted weight, the colorway is Blue Lagoon. I like the slight changes of color in the yarn.

I finished Lucinda's Zigzag socks they turned out great and the yarn is so soft and easy to work with I'm glad to have more of Zen Garden Yarn. We had our work Christmas party on Tuesday and the girls want their socks so the ones I got done got socks and a few others got socks so I'm really close to being done. Maybe only 5 pairs to whip up fast. I'm almost done with my Waterlily sock and they are turning out wonderful I'm to the heel turn right now and should be working on them.

I got my last Woolgirl Sock Club Kit today and I love it!!!!!!!! One of my all time favorite dyers was the featured dyer Hazel Knits. I love the color.

Here's what we got:

  • A skein of handpainted yarn "Whispering Pine" Hazel Knits
  • Pine Cone Sock pattern by Anne Hanson of Knitspot
  • A Whimsical World of Thomas Joseph 2009 Desk Calendar
  • A set of 25 knit tag designed just for the club
  • A pinecone evergreen stitch marker from Spindle Cat Studio
  • 10% off coupon from you know where Woolgirl
  • Hershey's Kisses

This is a great kit. Jen must have been reading my mind because I have been thinking she needs to get Wendee to come up with a great yarn and she did I couldn't be happier.

Well I have to get knit and I have to fix dinner so keep your feet warm in wool socks and keep those sticks aclickn'.

Happily knitting sock, Bye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I use to think that life had it's "ups and downs" and now I think that the negatives and positives of life are always side by side. Where there is a down (Tony getting laid off) there is always a bright spot somewhere (like your sock club arriving). Sometimes it's not much, but it's enough to give you a smile.

Where there is something positive I also know that the dark is lurking and I just always hope it's something tiny that I can deal with easily.

I'm sorry to hear about Tony .. tell him we love him no matter what.

I'm wearing my socks tonight in our cold (45 degree) Tucson weather.. they are keeping my toes cozy.. so I'm thinking of you guys as I wrap some gifts.

xxoo
Shari