Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

I can't believe its here already. I joked about cancelling Christmas but didn't really plan on it.
I planned on getting a tree Saturday and decorating it on Sunday when I got home from work. But the sky opened up and snow fell so now we don't have a tree, no presents, no dinner and I have to work on Christmas. I guess I'll have to go with the twelve days of Christmas and I have a few more days till Jan. 12 to get things done.
The boys are going to be with Friends and Tony and I have decided to go to a movie after I get done with work. We haven't decided on which movie we want to see, Clint Eastwood or Brad Pitt both movies look like they will be good.
My knitting has been in a stall. I finished my scarf and the Waterlily socks. So not I have to cast on and that's where the problem is I can't find the right pattern for the yarn. There's pattern I want to knit but they don't go with the yarn that I have to use. So I keep starting and frogging. A great combination. I think I've got them going now.
Sock 1: I'm using Cherry Blossom Fiber "Purple Rain" pattern out of More Sensational Socks
Sock 2: White Oak Studio tvyarn "High Fidelity" pattern "Double Eyelet Rib Socks" by Wendy D. Johnson.
Sock 3: Yarn Pirate, Merino Tencel "Apple" pattern "No purl Monkey" one that works with most yarns.
Hopefully these patterns will work out I am tired of frogging.
So keep warm and Have A Great Christmas. Find sometime to knit.
Happily knitting socks, Bye.

2 comments:

Toby said...

Oh Bev, that sounds almost like the Christmas we're having. No tree, no lights, no family. At the last minute my hubby went and bought us each a present (not sure what he got me, but he got himself a new electric razor - I'm sure my gift is just as practical).

We had planned to be in WA all week, but with all the bad weather across the NW it was insanity to drive and impossible to fly and then get a four wheel drive rental car.

*sigh* I hope your work day passes by quickly and you enjoy the evening with your hubby. And some time to knit too!

Allison said...

Hi Bev,
Great work on the socks. I have a few pairs on my needles, but don't seem to be able to spend a lot of time on them lately. Thanks for all you encouragement!

We had a nice Christmas. About 1 present per person and a mini fiber optic tree on top of the piano. I did cook a nice breakfast and dinner so we ate well and just hung out. It is very nice not to be on the commercial Christmas track.
I'll bet you have a great Christmas when you do it!

Have a lovely holiday!