Saturday, December 6, 2008

Count Down Till Christmas

Well the countdown is here and is my knitting done? Not yet but here's where I'm at.
I know I won't get all my socks done but I'll be close, I miss maybe by 3 or 4 pairs. So that's not to bad I will get then done by the end of January.
Here's what on the Needles now:

I have one done and one to go. This is the "Waterlily Sock" Pattern by Stephanie, She designed a beautiful pattern. I won this pattern on her blog I had bought another pattern and without knowing that she was having a contest, I won this one. I love how this is turning out and don't know it I want to give it up. Aida picked out the yarn by "The Natural Dye Studio". This yarn is a dream to work with it is a merino and tencel blend, its so soft and smooshy.
The second sock is "Zigzag Sock" by Christine Walter, you can find this pattern in Vogue Knitting The Ultimate Sock Book. This is a very easy pattern to memorize and to knit up. Lucinda picked out this yarn by Zen Yarn Garden, a handpainted 70% superwash merino/20% bamboo & 10% nylon yarn, the colorway is Banana Raspberry.
I'm also working on another test knit I'm using yarn from White Oak Studio I don't have enough done to show you but will soon.
Yarny News

For my birthday I treated myself to some yarn I want to make some fingerless gloves I can get them done sometime just don't know when. I bought some Noro Taiyo, it a 40% cotton, 30% silk, 15% wool and 15% nylon colorway 6. I can't wait to see how it knits up.



I also bought Cascade Yarns The Heathers In a dark green this picture doesn't do the yarn any justice. It is 100% Peruvian Highland Merino Wool I cant wait to use this for fingerless gloves its soft and I know it will be warm.

In the mail I also got from Woolgirl The Peppermint Patty Kit and all I can say is WOW WOW WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!





Jen had out done herself once again, just when you don't think it's possible she does it again. This is a great kit did I say that already sorry but it's so true. We got:

  • Yarn from Miss Babs "Peppermint Patty" with a mini-skein of red for toe/cuff.
  • Peppermint Twist pattern by Christina Bain
  • An Accessory bag by Sheila of Sheila D Bags
  • A peppermint crocheted tape measure for Lantern Moon
  • A fun peppermint themed stitch marker by Sunneshine's Stitch Markers
  • A Peppermint pencil
  • A Peppermint Patty Soap Bar by Erin for Naiad Soap Arts
  • Peppermint Patty chocolates and Peppermint Striped candies
  • Peppermint Patty hot cocoa

Well that's it for now so keep your feet warm in wool socks and those sticks aclickn'.

Happily knitting socks, Bye.

1 comment:

Toby said...

Somehow I don't think any of your sock recipients will begrudge you a few extra weeks to knit their gifts. I don't know how you do it! I must get more brave about knitting socks for feet sizes that vary from my own (giving it a first try for my sis who is a size 10 wide).