Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Turkey Day

I'm almost to last to say Happy Thanksgiving but I hope to get this done before the stroke of midnight. So here goes. We had a fairly good turn out for Turkey Buffet. So all went well there. My knitting has been marching on.


I have finished the cardigan the picture doesn't do it any justice I've got it blocking and drying right now and will be able to wear it for my birthday as planned. Our mini getaway has been made and we are going to go to Vegas for a few days of sun and fun. Anyway I hope we get some fun. Now to make this work I had to make a few quick gifts for people that where going to work extra or just help out in small ways so we could runaway.
For Corey I made a quick beanie. The pattern is Jared Flood's Turn a Square. The yarn is Cascade 220, this is a very easy hat to make and was done in 3 hours. He now has the beanie he has been asking for. Now I just have to hope the rest of the crew in the kitchen doesn't want one too.
Donna got a mobius scarf and fingerless mitts to match, she is the recess lady at one of the Lynden elementary schools. This should keep her a little warmer on those cold recesses.
I have cast on another mobius and it is done I have enough yarn to make a pair of mittens that I'm going to give to Mom for her trip to China. The yarn is a silk wool blend so it should keep her toasty. I working on a par of sock toe up two at a time to take with on the plane and have to find a couple of other easy projects to take. So keep warm and those pointy sticks aclickn'.
Happily knitting, Bye.

No comments: