Thursday, November 10, 2011

This Weeks Work

Here is the cardigan I'm working on, I have to admit I'm having fun working on this project. I have restarted it several times I want this almost perfect or I know me, I won't wear it. So once I figured out the pattern and the increases I've had no problems and it's been smooth knitting.  I love how the yarn and the pattern is coming out I know that I have to block yet and it will look better.  I've been using the ChiaoGoo Needles they are the lace stainless steel. I have heard lots about this needle and that the cable was a great one and the needles have a great point. I love the red cable so far I enjoy using these needles. I am enjoying knitting on this project the big challenge will be to get it done by my birthday. Let me know what you think of my work here.
I'm also working on a sock, come on you had to know that, it hangs out in my purse and gets pulled out when I'm tired of the other project. The yarn is from Crafty Meow in Witches Brew, I got this at SS09 so it is time to be using this. The pattern is Ghoulish Rhapsody from the Trick or Treat Woolgirl kit. 
FUN FUN FUN.


I needed a quick and easy fix, you know what I mean something you can finish in a day but I wanted to do something that I haven't done before I have to learn something new. So I wondered on Ravelry in the pattern section and decided to learn how to do a mobuis cowl. I knew that Wear on Earth had some bulky Malabrigo that I was dying to use. So I bought some a new needle and Elva and I cast on together and made a mobuis. You ask what is that it is a cowl or a scarf with a twist in it. You are knitting the top and bottom at the same time, this is a fun fun knit.




I got some new pretties in. Starting from the left, from Rainy Days and Wooly Dogs Goth sock club "The Colors of Autumn" it has a little more orange in it then what shows up. It is her Laudanum Lache yarn 80/20/10 sw merino cashmere nylon.  The middle is from Wondering Wool in her North Country Sock Self-Striping called Devil's Advocate. It has large black strips with smaller red ones. The yardage on this skein is great 463 yards I can make some tall sock using this. The last is from Roman Hills and the color is Sweeney. The yarn is a 3-ply sport but with great yardage 350 so once again some tall socks are in my future. 
Well that's it for this week you know what to do Keep those pointy sticks aclickn'.
Happily knitting, Bye.

No comments: