Thursday, April 30, 2009

Knitting, Wedding and Life

I thought that title would get you.
My knitting, let's see, I finished Carlos socks, finished 2 test knits, Switchboard Socks, Men's Mod sock and am working on my Tokena socks from Sock Madness. Here is Switchboard socks I used Mountain Colors, Northern Lights in a Sport weight. I like this pattern and was easy to remember. My boss Lisa, claimed this pair as they came off the needles so I don't have them any longer.

Then there is my Men's Mod socks they were for a man but I knit them to fit my feet or a just smaller. I used one of my favorite dyers Hazel Knits in Beach Glass. The best part of this pattern I got to learn how to do cables without a cable needle and that saved a lot of time. I am going to try and do this again. The cables where small, I only had to switch two stitches I don't know if I will be able to do more but I'm going to give it a try.

Now for my Tokena socks I have started the second one and am on the second one now and am working away on them. This is the first time that I have worked with two different colors in socks so it was a challenge. I used SHiBUi sock yarn. Unfortunately I didn't make it in to the third round of Sock Madness, we had to go to Vegas so that messed up the knitting on this sock. But we had fun so who cares.
I have ordered my yarn for my next project. I am going to make a wrap for the bride in the wedding that I mentioned. I'm going to use Dream in Color Baby, its a lace weight, in Baby Don't Be Blue. This color will match the bridesmaids dresses. I'm going to use Evelyn Clark's pattern Estonian Garden. I picked this pattern out for me but when will I ever wear it and I wanted to do a lace project this year. So now I will have another of my wants done.
The Wedding
Will be August 16, for................................. Micheal and Abby. So family mark your calendars. They have decided to get hitched while he is on his two week leave after school is finished. I can't talk him out of it so I will support his decision no matter what I think. Micheal is doing good at basic training he still is homesick and says the army life isn't for him. But I guess he'll have to make the most of it for a while. He loves all the mail he gets, if I can't write a letter I send a card. Something real stupid and fun with a hope to put a smile on his face.
The Restaurant is going well. I am going to start working Saturday. Tony is having a meeting on Saturday so I will start my training after that and then work a Banquet and the Best Western. I feel like I'm going to work myself to much, I guess I'm just scared about loosing knitting time. You should have guessed that.
Gena and I are planning our trip to Sock Summit in August, the weekend before the wedding. But it will all have to work out we're NOT missing this it won't happen again in our area and we want to meet some great teachers. We are going to go down now on Wed and will be there for the whole summit. Now all we have to hope for is that we get the classes that we want. Its first come so it will be F5 till we are registered. It should be a fun weekend.
Well that's about it. I'll post a few pictures that I look around the house later. So keep cool or warm which ever fits you area and keep those sticks aclickn'.
Happily knitting socks, Bye.

No comments: