Thursday, August 7, 2008

Socks

WIP

Here's how my knitting is coming along. I have 3 pairs of socks on the needles something I'm not really proud of but what the heck.

Sock #1: Slippery Slope Sock on done one to go. A fun pattern and very easy to remember. I have put it on the back burner because I got another test knit, I know I wasn't going to do another right away but on this one I'm doing things that I have wanted to do.
Sock #2: Test Knit Squirmy Wormy by Corrina Ferguson. I'm getting to learn magic loop and a provisional cast-on. The yarn is Yarn Pirate "Sweet Lime" the needle are also Yarn Pirate's Pink size 1. The magic loop is different then anything else that I have use. I'm not going to give up my dpn's but I can see traveling using the magic loop, you can't drop your needles. The provisional cast on, I like, it wasn't as hard as I thought it might be I like it over other methods you can use.
Sock #3: Dragons Breath Sock by Jen Schripsema. I am using Claudia's Handpainted Yarn in Fantasy Dot. I started this sock because the other two where somewhere else and I was to lazy to get up and get them, so I started this one. Not a bad pattern to memorize I almost have it down but I'll start one of the other ones and forget and have to dig out the pattern. But at least I can try to memorize it and not confuse it with the other patterns.
The garden is growing and should be getting more vegetables soon and my tomatoes are growing I just want red ones or yellow ones which ever will get ripe first.
We got the Wii fit and Tony is on it every day and yells at me when I don't. The darn machine keeps track of your fitness usage and mines not that good. It cuts into my knitting time and I don't have great balance when trying to do both, I tried. So I guess that's about it.
So keep those sticks aclickn' till next time.
Happily knitting socks, Bye

No comments: