Wednesday, January 2, 2008

On the Sticks and in the Collection

I made a pair of fingerless gloves. I used a pattern by Mariam L. Felton called Serpentine Mitts. A very simple but graceful looking gloves. I'm happy with the way they turn out I only had one problem and that was they were to small for my hands so I gave them away and now I have more requests for them, at least they don't use much yarn and are a fast knit. I have another pair on the sticks, the yarn is by Fearless Fiber in Midnight Passion semi-solid purples.

I have bought some more yarn, from my lys, Apple Yarns, to make 2 more pairs of fingerless gloves. I want to make Fetching from Knitty and Princess Mitts from Potter Craft News. I bought Sublime, extra fine merino wool, dk, 50 g, shade 0015, its a shale blue. Also I got Classic Yarns, silk wool dk, 50% merino and 50% silk. The color is called Velvet. Its so soft.


I also decided, I wanted to try to make a hat. I figured if Gena can do it, so can I. So I'm going to make a Fake Isle Hat found http://www.magknits.com/Nov06/patterns/fakeisle.htm I know that I CAN do this.

I also had to, buy some sock yarn. I wanted something I didn't have, the owner's son thought that I needed some "hippy yarn" wild colors is what he showed me. I have heard a lot about Noro Kureyon Sock Yarn, my only concern I have, is that it is rough and I hope it softens up a lot, I have heard it does and the owner said the samething. The colorway is S95. It looked hippy enough for me.

I have to start a pair of socks for Micheal. He picked out Yarn Pirates October Booty Club. The color is on the bold and wild sided, its not a color combo the I would have picked for him. I'm going to do a basic ribbed sock, no wild patterns for me he says. So I'm going to make it very simple ribbed leg and stockinette for the foot. How much more boring can you get.

Well that's all for now, Keep those sticks a clicking and have a great New Year. Cheers

No comments: