Sunday, October 14, 2007

Knitting Update





Gena's socks are done. Hopefully they will fit her, she has small feet 6 1/2, where I'm use to making big socks for me a size 9. I really enjoyed working with this yarn. "Yarn Love Juliet" it's a nice yarn and feels so very soft I wish they were for me but alas they are not.


She will get them on Friday the 19th so I will update on how they fit and a picture with them on her feet. Gena and her husband, Brian, will be coming up for dinner. We are having a small family gathering, Mom and Dad leave for the warmer weather next month and are not here for the upcoming holiday's so we celebrate early. So I am cooking a turkey dinner with all the trimmings and because I work all holiday's I get my dinner out of the way.



My next pair of socks are on the needle and I'm trying to get them done by Friday. I'm almost to the heel flap so if I keep working away I should be able to get them done.
This pair is for Mom and they are a size 8 so that won't take to long. I am using Zen Yarn Garden yarn in Blue Ice. The pattern is Swirly Girl by Deby Lake. A great and easy pattern to memorize.




No comments: