Sunday, October 10, 2010

WOW It's October

I can't believe that it is October seems like September just started and now I've lost a month. I don't know where time has flown. I guess sometimes we all can just get to wrapped up in life and lose track of time. The weather change has happened, we have rain, crisp air, just the over all feeling of fall now. This is one of my favorite times of the colors of the trees, the harvesting of fruits and vegetables, Halloween, school starts and how the days start to get shorter. More knitting time in the evening, since that's when I seem to get time to knit any more.

All is well at the restaurant. Tony would like it much busier but we can pay the bills so I guess that's O.K. for now considering the economy. Thing are picking up just slowly there has to be a turnaround one of these days. I'm trying to get time off more I get tired of work, work and work. I want more me time. Can't always have what you want.


My knitting is coming along slowly I seem to have to many projects going and cant get any of them done.Project #1: A pair of socks for Abby. The pattern is "Afternoon Delight" by Sylvia Harding. Abby choose blue yarn from Zen Yarn Garden,"Sky Blue" I am putting ice blue bead in them. I've got one sock done and am working on the second one. This is my travel project don't ask me why it's a hassle with the beads but it's smaller then the shawls.

Project #2: Another Sylvia Harding pattern "Heart to Heart". This was the very first lace pattern I tried to do and I just didn't understand what I was doing the pattern didn't make any sense. Now after making several shawl this pattern is so easy. I bought it as a kit the yarn is Mama Llama 100% cashmere and so soft. The color is Teal with silver beads. This project is going fast.
Project #3: Is a Mystery KAL that goes along with the TV show Criminal Minds. The lady that is writing this pattern is making a mini episode of the show that goes along with the pattern. We get a different clue each week and I try to get that part of the clue done before the nest clue comes out. I have found that I really need to follow the directions and when is says to count I need to count. I have frogged or tinked back so many times it is not funny so now I try to count. When this is done I will post a picture. the pattern is not really showing in the yarn until it is stretched out.
Project #4: Is a wrap that I am making for Abby for her wedding I have plenty of time to get this one done. The wedding is in November 2011. Gena and I are going to be making them for her Bridesmaids also so the work is cut out for us. I would show you the pattern but I don't trust Abby not to see it and this one will be a surprise to her. When I seen this pattern I knew that, this was the one that I wanted to knit for her. Her colors are Emerald Green and silver, the yarn is merino and silk lace weight and I'm adding silver beads to it. For the bridesmaids I think we are going to do them in silver simple patterns and no beads.
Well that's it for now. I've got some kit so show which I'll try to get to later this week. There is more to catch you all up on but I've got things to get done before work. So keep those sticks aclickn'.
Happily knitting, Bye.



No comments: