Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Yarns on Stage

Did anyone get to see the Yarns on Stage yarns there really was some great colors. There was ten different dyers and each on had it's own pattern that went along with the yarn. I bought this yarn and pattern the yarn is by Prism it is their Saki 80% merino 20% nylon, color: Savoy, yardage is 430. I can't wait to do this shawlette it should be fun.

I also got Cherry Tree Hill
100% low micron superwash merino with a high twist fingering weight. The colorway is Sweet Pea, I'm knitting this using Cookie A.'s pattern Pomatomus you can find this pattern at Knitty.com. This is one of Cookie's patterns that I have wanted to do but it's through the back loop which is not one of my favorite stitches, o.k. I know that it gives great stitch definition but I don't have to like it. But doing this pattern I have come to enjoy it. So who know what will come of this ktbl.

I bought 1 more yarn on the launch date 10/16 and that was Alpaca with a Twist, Socrates in Fruit Smoothie. The yarn blend is 30% baby alpaca, 30% merino wool, 20% bamboo and 20% nylon. This yarn has a definite smell of vinegar, I love this smell in yarn my nose was almost glue to this yarn all day so I had to buy it. I'm going to buy the pattern that came out for the Dream in Color yarn and use it for this pattern.
There is several more of the yarns I'm interested in Pico Accuardi Dyeworks it's a blue and off white colorway, 100% merino.

I had a fun day at Wear on Earth, in Lynden. This is where the show took place and I helped out. I got to be in Yarny Heaven all day. What a way to die. Well till later. I've got more to catch you up on but I've got to run. So keep those sticks aclickn'
Happily knitting Bye.

No comments: