Sunday, August 15, 2010

Knitting

I have been knitting, its been a little on the warm side but if I go for short periods it's not to bad. I've got 2 different projects that I'm working on. The sock is for Abby. She picked out the pattern from the book "Joy of Sox" called Afternoon Delight. the pattern is for knee socks but she doesn't wear socks at that length, so I will be making them shorter. These are a beaded socks so I'm having fun doing these. They are just what I needed to get my sock mojo back and it feels good. I'm just going to start the gusset, then on to the heel turn and up the leg. The yarn Abby choice is one of my favorites, Zen Yarn Garden, it is her smooshy sock yarn. The colorway is Sky Blue and the beads are in Ice Blue and they blend in without standing out too much.
My other projects is Bitterroot shawl, this is another shawl by Rosemary (Romi) Hill. It is a free pattern which you can find in Knitty.com Winter

2009. You can make this in two sizes. I have decided to do the large one. I found some lace weight in my stash from The Painted Tiger. The yarn is Chocolate Raspberry. It also calls for beads in the bottom of the shawl, so I'm really into beads right now.

I'm going to make a shawl for Abby's wedding for her. I had picked out one pattern and have decided on another. I got a book from the library called Vogue Knitting Shawls & Wraps. While thumbing through the book I found this pattern and I knew that, that was the pattern. I need 1650 yds of yarn and 1450 glass beads. So it will be a large project and I can't wait to get it started. I ordered the yarn from Webs, Jaggerspun Zephyr, a 50 50 merino silk blend in Emerald Green. This should be a fun long project.

I put things in to our local fair this week and don't know what will happen. In July I got ahold of the fair people to find out all the info about entering into the fair. Well, they put me into hobbies.
I told them it was knitting but this was the right category for my work. WRONG. I'm in the grouping of hobbies with all the stupid little kid collections of my little ponies, comic books, and you get the idea. So I'm not going to be judged on my workmanship which is what I wanted. I want a ribbon for my work not for my hobby. O.K. off my box and quit being a baby. I will let you know how my work did. I enter 2 pairs of socks and a collection of my shawls.

Well I'm done crying. Try to stay cool and keep those sticks aclickn'.
Happily knitting, Bye.

No comments: