Tuesday, July 7, 2009

All About the Socks

You have to try this sock pattern Katie the pattern is beautiful and is easier to knit. Here is sock number 1. I am knitting this sock as payment to Gena's boss, Anne, for payment for her to get the extra time off for Sock Summit in August.



You can see that this is a beautiful pattern. I used Lorna's Laces yarn in Dawn. I received this yarn as payment for a test knit. Here is a picture of the front of the sock.



I love how this pattern is turning out. I will finish it on the train to Portland. The author of the pattern just asked if she could use the pictures on her pattern page on ravelry, this is a great honor to me.

I also got the Loopy Ewe July Sock Club installment.





I love this color a red from The Sanguine Gryphon Bugga this yarn is 70% superwash merino 20% cashmere and 10% nylon it's so soft and yummy. The pattern is from Wendy D. Johnson "Phoebus Apollo Socks" I'm seriously thinking of this pattern for my sock class toe up at sock summit, it is so beautiful. Included is a Buddy case from namaste in red and a cute stitch marker, which I forgot to photograph. This was a great sock kit the best one so far.

Sock Summit is coming very fast and I have yet to start my homework. I know I have to get on it. Gena calls to tell me I need to get on it. I have begun a new test knit so now I have to divide my time to all of it. This test knit is for two socks instead of one done by the end of the month. But the great thing is, it for yarn. And I do knit for yarn.

Well that's about it I let you know how the parade in Everson turns out this Saturday and for my first real shift at the restaurant, I get to bartend. I'll post some pictures so until then, keep those sticks aclickn'.
Happily knitting socks, Bye.

No comments: