Monday, May 18, 2009

What Been Going On

Wow has time gone fast I can't believe how fast this month has gone by. May is almost over and I've been very bad at blogging. Please forgive me. This blog might be long so read if you want or just look at the pictures.

The Nuthouse Grill is going great. Tony is happy to be working and to be an owner. Here are some pictures of the restaurant. This picture was taken in the rain so that's why it looks grey. Here is the outside of the Nuthouse Grill you can find us on Bender Rd.

Here are some inside shots of our new home away from home. On the right is the entry with the peanut wagon and the window to the grill of the kitchen. Now on the left of our walk through is the restaurant this is the front half of the dining area. Where you can have a great steak, ribs, pulled pork sandwich, or maybe you want a salad. There is many things to choose from on this menu. What I like is that they have a baked sweet potato that is good. Chris likes the Southwest Burger. I haven't piked out a favs yet.







And our last stop is the bar for a refreshing beer or your choice of beverage. You can watch your favorite sport on one of the five, yes five TVs you will find in the bar. But what makes us unique is you get to eat peanut and throw the shell on the floor something your mother would never let you do at home. But here you CAN. ( I can't get use to the shells on the floor but it will grow on me.)



So these are some picture of our new home away from home. I have started to work I've had two shifts so far and don't know a thing. Please come by and say Hi. We plan to have a grand opening when Mom and Dad get home with a new menu that's Tony and not someone elses. It should be a great event.


My Knitting

I finally finished this pair. I know it took awhile but I finished all my loose ends and single socks. This was a fun pattern, I have never worked with two thread in the manner doing socks, so this was a challenge for me but I conquered it and now for something else. I used Shibui Knits Sock I had to go out and buy yarn for this sock and I like the colors. I used all most all of the white so I'm glad that I decided to make the toes red. I would not have had enough yarn to finish the project. I had about 5 feet left and that not much.

I am working on a project I call "Here come the Bride?" I am making this for Abby my future daughter-in-law. I've got about 10 inches done of the first part of the pattern. As mentioned I'm using "Estonian Garden Wrap" . I feel like it is taking forever but I'm working on it in the evening and in spare minute when I can. I have lots of time to get it done. Since plans have changed. I'm also working on a pair of socks. The pattern is "Luminare Socks" by Bex its an easy pattern to memorize and have been working on it at work and that's about it because I keep leaving it a work I don't know where my mind has been I can't remember anything. But it's coming along great and is a fun pattern to knit.

I am starting to work on a sample knit for Lorna's Laces, I have get working on it. It's due by June 5th.

Micheal, I don't know what is going on with him. From what I hear he is going to be coming home sooner then we all expected. He is being sent home for depression. I don't know all what is going on but I think the kid has problems now. We gave away his room to Chris, got rid of his bed and now he doesn't have a job. With the way things are I don't know what he's going to do.

Well I've thought myself out and can't type more got to do some house work. So you know what to do. Keep those sticks aclickn'.

Happily knitting socks, Bye.

1 comment:

ikkinlala said...

I love your socks!