Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Yarn Update

The last blog was long so I saved some thing to blog about for later so here they are:

Loopy Ewe Sock Club

Here is this months package. We received a semi-solid yarn from Dye Dreams their Luster Sox, a 100% superwash Bluefaced Leicester in Shades of Ireland, the pattern was by Monica Jines, Kinvara. A great looking pattern with cables. Also included was an apple green tote with the Loopy Ewe Logo on it. and a Happy Pen. I was surprised that both the Loopy Ewe and Woolgirl had an Ireland theme this time around and the shipment they both featured cashmere yarn now I can't wait to see how close they compare next time around.

I also bought me a some yarn, I know that was bad. But I've knit with so much red yarn that I had to have my own red. I stopped by Apple Yarn I wanted to get some addi's lace needles. I didn't buy the needles but got this yarn instead. It is a Pagewood Farm Hand Dyed Sock Yarn Yukon Really Red the blend is (70/20/10) Merino/Bamboo/Nylon and is so soft. So now I have to find the right pattern and knit it up.

Registration for Sock Summit date has come up next Tuesday at 10 a.m. I will have to have fast fingers and lots of luck just to get the classes I want. Then I just have to anticipate the time till Sock Summit begins.

Things around the house is going slowly we haven't gotten the garden in yet. I have to go down and talk to the next door neighbor to see if he will till the ground. Then we can plant. But the weather doesn't cooperate around here long enough.

Well I think I'm all caught up now I hope if not I will update you again in the next few days. so keep those sticks aclickn'.

Happily knitting socks, Bye.

No comments: