Friday, January 8, 2016

New Year WIP's

The New Year new WIP's,  I'm working on a cardigan "Campside Cardi" knitting it with Blue Moon Fiber Arts "BFL Sport" in Mermaid Tears.  The yarn isn't as soft as I would like but it is knitting up very nicely.  I'm not very far into in to it, here is a picture of the yarn.
As always I have a pair of socks on the needles.  I'm knitting the pattern "Da rast der Blocker" the pattern is in German and the author doesn't plan on translating them into English.  She has how ever taken beautiful pictures that do show the pattern quite well.  So I have decided to copy them the best that I can.  I'm using Cascade Silk Heritage its been in a ball forever and needed to be use. The stitch definition is showing much better on this yarn then my first yarn.

I'm so much happier now with the results now.  I've learned to follow my gut if you are not happy with the yarn and how it looks RIP IT OUT and then you will be so much happier.

I've also gotten into making my own soap and lotions.  For our employee Christmas party a couple of the gals I work with helped to make all kinds of goodies.  Here's a picture of them. I have had so much fun make all of these item.

Have a great weekend. Keep crafting and knitting till next time Bye.

No comments: