Friday, December 4, 2009

Socks, Yarn, and Whatever

O.K. I've been bad. Work gets in the way and I just don't have as much time in the day. Why can't we have just 2 maybe 4 more hours a day to do just what we want to do. Time no one can take from us, time that we can do what ever we wanted. No strings attached, time just for me. So, I can't get it, so I'll just take what I can get.

I have been knitting and can show you one or two pictures there. Here is a picture of the socks I'm working on for Abby. The yarn when I seen it for some reason reminded me of her. The colorway is Sultry and the pattern is African Lace. This is a fun pattern and the lace pattern runs down the side of the leg. I am glad that the pooling turn out this way after several other pattern attempts this one turned out. I'm on the second sock and am at the heel flap I hope to get it done this next week. I'm also working on a test knit for a mystery sock kal that will start sometime the first of the new year. This pattern is great and looks good. I'll post a picture when I get permission. I also finished a pair of socks for Buffalo Gold. I got to learn how to knit with beads so it was a fun pair of socks to knit and to knit with buffalo these will make a great pair of sock and oh so warm. 

I'm almost done with this pair of socks, working up the leg. I don't work on this pair as often they are my travel socks, always in the purse so I pull them out and work a row of two when ever I get a chance. But they are coming along and should have them done shortly.  I still have one more pair of socks to get done before Christmas. The pattern I choose is easy and I should be able to get it done fairly fast.  I have decided that the new year I'm going to kit a few items just for me. I want to knit a beaded scarf, some fingerless gloves, maybe a hat? But what ever I do the first few items will be for me and not the sock bag or to go to someone else.



I bought some cedar ball for my sock yarn drawers. So I got to empty the drawers and look at all my yarn OMG I think I've got a little bit to much. One day I need to destash but I don't know if I can part with any of it. I now have 4 large drawers and 2 under the bed bins. It just might be time to stop, no I can't  s-t-o-p, that is one of those four letter words that can't, won't be used when it come to yarn.  So maybe I'll slow down a little,              just a little,        maybe.


On Thanksgiving, after dinner we went to the restaurant and made the place feel a little like Christmas, put up a few lights, a tree, and some garland. It was fun. Chris and I did the tree we had fun and it went fast with the two of us. I think we did a good job. Tony put up the lights. He needs to put up few more and then the place will be done. The crew likes what we did, so I guess that's good.
We have been busy as long as it stays that way all we be good this holiday season. We that's about it for now I've got to get to my laundry and cleaning this house. Maybe I should think about decorating but all my decorations are at the Nuthouse.
So keep warm and tose sticks aclickn'.
Happily knitting socks, Bye

No comments: