Monday, December 21, 2009

End of Year

I can't believe that the year is almost over and it seems like it just began. 2010 is almost upon us. I don't know if its been a great year of not but its been a year of a lot of different things going on in my life. But the main thing is that I'm glad for my family and all my friends, here and there, scattered all over the world. This time of the year always makes me reflected on what I have and what I have to be so thankful for. I don't always say Thank you, as much as I should. So I want to say Thank You to everyone that reads my blog because I know you have better things to do then to read what I have to say. So thank you one and all for taking your time to read this.  So on to knitting.


I've got a few finished items since I last blogged, so here goes.
I finished The Teen Paw Tracks, the yarn is Spud & Chloƫ Fine, a 80% superwash wool and 20% silk blend and nice yarn to knit with, a little splitty but not bad. This pair of socks are for a teen that is why the bright colors and the two colors. I hope she will like them.



Next I finished my Rivulets of Pineapples, the yarn is from Craft Meow, Soft Serve. The pattern is Rivulets Socks by Wendy D. Johnson. A great and easy pattern to memorize and to knit. It is a toe up with a heel flap and gusset.



I also got Abby's socks done. The pattern is African Lace, the yarn is by Perchance to Knit in Sultry. I love how this pair of socks turned out I am also making a small pair for her niece is the same pattern. When I mean small I mean newborn size I've got one done and working on the second one. I should have it done tonight.



For a real quick project I needed something to put into the knit bag to knit on in between shifts. I decided to knit a pair of fingerless gloves. These are so easy and fast to make. I cast on Saturday and they are done on Sunday. I used Noro Silk Garden in their cream colors. The pattern is a basic k1 p1 then knit the body and a quick increase the pattern is by Michelle Molis.



So now I have to cast on here are a few of the projects that I'm going to cast on.
The first one is Angee by Cookie A. the yarn is Wool Candy Cerises



The next cast on is Heart to Heart Beaded Scarf by Sivia Harding yarn from Mama Llama in
Silvia's Teal 100% cashmere. Which is yummy to handle.



I want to cast on another pair of fingerless glove using Noro Silk Garden Lite.  This pair should knit up just as fast as the last pair. So maybe I'll have a few pairs to give away. Who knows what I'll do with them but the yarn is fun to work with and has long repeats so you can't make them matching but that's the fun of it.


So that is it for now, keep warm have a GREAT CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Happily knitting socks and other things, Bye

1 comment:

Toby said...

Merry Christmas Bev! It is amazing to think back over the year and everything that happened. I wouldn't say it's been a bad year, all in all, but there were some serious challenges.

Happy New Year too, I look forward to reading your blog and seeing your knitting next year.