Thursday, October 15, 2009

Where Has October Gone - WIP

OMG this month has flown by and I'm not moving as fast as the days go by. It's almost Halloween and before I'll know it will be Christmas. Life at the restaurant is going well. I've worked into a actual schedule I work 5 days a week and work 7 shifts in those 5 days so it makes for an interesting week.
Last week, part of my family was here, Paula and her husband, Phil. They came up for the football game on Sunday, Seahawks vs The Jags. YEA SEAHAWKS, we won kicked some Jag. butt. It was a good time visiting with them here is a picture of the group at the Nuthouse. In the picture is from left to right.
Dad, Gena, Me, Mom, Debi Woods, Paula, Phil and Ken Woods. We had a fun filled evening. There was a band that night for Lynden's First Music Festival.
It was good to see Paula and Phil I don't get to visit with them ever so it was a special weekend.

My kitting has been kinds slow, I've had a cold that has been hanging around and not fully hitting me but I'm on the mend and feel so much better so hopefully I'll feel like knitting. So far off the needle this month, I finished my Sunday Swing Socks.
I used Yarn Pirate Rum Runner, this pattern is from Knitty an online magazine that has great patterns this was an extra one for summer. I feel like this pair took forever but they were my travel socks so they didn't get a lot of work.
I have one sock done on my Unholey Monkey socks this is a spin of Cookie A.'s Monkey sock. I used yarn from my stash that has been there for a little over a year. This yarn is from Sock Pixie, she dyes a different color scheme each week. This yarn is called Kate Chopin, it is a Merino superwash. I love her yarn is is a tight yarn so it doesn't split when you tink back of drop a stitch. Here is a close-up of the unholey Monkey see no holes. This is a fun fun pattern. If you want something easy and still a bit of a challenge. This is it and it works great with all the wild colors in the stash. Now I can do Monkeys, No Purl Monkey and Unholey Monkeys what will they come up with next.
Also off the needles I finished this sample knit. It was a easy
fast knit. I had to go out and buy needles to make this I don't have dpn's or circular size 9's. So now I have a circular. I don't know if I would make it again but it was fun. I'm not into stockinette knitting for long periods of time, ok not that long it did take me 4 days to finish. Its done and on its way out the door.
That about all my knitting for now. I've done a little spinning still working on the same roving. I showed Gena how I ply my yarn.
I'll be back soon. So keep warm and those needle aclickn'
Happily knitting socks, Bye.

1 comment:

debi's place said...

Was a very fun evening. Hope we can do it again soon.