Friday, October 16, 2009

Oz Sock Club

I can't believe how slow I have been a blogging I forgot to show off my latest Oz kit. The Emerald City arrive this month. so here are the wonderful item we got. Jen from Woolgirl does such a fantastic job on putting these kit together that you have to but them. I can't wait for them to arrive. She uses different dyers for all the kits so you get to try different yarn which is what I love.
The Emerald City featured "That's a Horse of a Different Color!"
The Yarn is by Amy of Madelinetoch the skein is called "Emerald City" there is a mix of emerald greens and blues run through it. LOVE IT!!!!!! The sock pattern is by Kristi Schueler of Designedly, Kristi. The great columns of Emerald City are represented on these socks with a strong syncopated rib which is adorned at both the base (toes) and summit (cuff) with emerald cut gems formed by a unique traveling stitch pattern. This pattern looks very intriguing, I'll cast on one day. We got an Emerald City knitting accessory bag sewn by Sheila D. The is is great because when you open it the inside has the Emerald City fabric.
Jen looks at all the details in her clubs and the extras are what brings everyone back to her clubs. Here is some of the extras. An "Emerald City" pen with a built in green highlighter! 3 mini notepads designed by Christ of Kick Ass Paper Crafts. "A horse of a different color" gift tags designed by Heidi from Simply Stamped.
A detailed "Emerald City" designed by Jillian form Wee Ones. As Jen puts it"I think it's really cool at how the entire Emerald City scene is summed up on this one "uber" tiny stitch marker. A bar of glycerin base soap with jewels inbedded in them, the scent is Cucumber & Ivy yummy by Sunny Day Creations. A mini "Emerald City" tin with a present inside. The tin was designed by Natalie of Favors for You.
Inside the tin is a silver plated "Emerald City" brooch pin designed by Sweetheart Sinner Creations.
As you can see why Jen's kits are the best. All the extra items she finds on Etsy a great place to find all your crafting needs. But the research and time she has to put into finding all these items is unbelievable and to think of all the different kits she put out, this month alone she had 5 or 6 kits going out in the mail and each group is large.

This month I also got my prize from Raining Carts and Dogs Sock Club questioner. It was for a sock bag in the cats and dog theme but here is what I got.
A cute pink bag with Scottie dogs, lots of stickers, dog bone candies and the cutest cat tape dispenser. I couldn't believe low cute it is.






Like I have said Jen is the greatest!!!!!! I will be a customer forever. She has an actual shop now instead of working out of her house. So one day I will go down and see her new place.
That's about it now so keep warm and those sticks aclickn'.
Happily knitting socks, Bye.

No comments: