Thursday, March 12, 2009

Micheal and Sock Clubs

I can not believe how fast time is going. In just a few day Micheal will be shipping out to be an Army man, I just don't see how that much time has gone by. On the 19th of this month he will no longer be a civilian but he will be known as Armyman. He is going to go to the Land of Loopy Ewe, mind you I think in the terms of yarn and that is a yarn store in Missouri. OK Loopy Ewe is located in St. Louis but he will be close. He is based at Fort Leonard Wood. Here is a few facts I found out about this base.
Fort Leonard Wood and the U.S. Army Maneuver Support Center (MANSCEN) is the home of the U.S. Army Engineer, Military Police and Chemical Corps Schools, the Third Basic Combat Training Brigade, and Joint Training Detachments from the U.S. Marine Corps, Navy and Air Force. Some of the features include a completely automated facility, a negative pressure air system, on-site liquid and solid waste treatment and analysis, and an earthquake and tornado proof design. The Military Police Village is a state-of-the-art facility designed to give military policemen the best training possible. There are mock houses, stores, theatres and credit unions built in the village to give the trainees the most realistic training available. These are the premier law enforcement training facilities in the U.S. and include the MP Village, Tactical Clearing Center, Special Reaction Team Complex and two driving courses. Fort Leonard Wood is situated in the heart of the Ozarks, and is an ideal place to work, train, and raise a family. The installation is comprised of 63,000 acres of land which is approximately 98 square miles adjacent to the Mark Twain National Forest. Fort Leonard Wood is an inter-service training center and trains soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines.
If he makes it through all he has to do I will be one very proud Mom.
On to the real stuff Knitting and yarn:
I promised pictures of sock club so here goes:

Glinda the Good Witch

A skein of Madelinetosh sock yarn in the "Glinda" colorway.
"Twisted Cables" sock pattern designed by Bethany Whitney.
A Glinda drawstring KIP bag by Amy ThorntonA Glinda notepad
A Glinda stitchmarker by Jillian from Wee Ones
A glinda glitter bookmarker
A silver pencil engraved with "Are you a good or bad witch?"
A good Witch wand soap hand-made by Elaine at Beyond the Rainbow to Oz
Plenty of goodness in Good and Plenty candy
My very own magic wand, so now what do I want?

Woolgirl Sock Club

A skein of Serenity, merino/cashmere sock yarn from Zen Yarn Garden in the majestic colorway Gold Dynasty.
Majestic sock pattern designed by Elizabeth Warner
Alexandria scarf pattern designed by Lisa Dykstra

A Cleopatra themed stitch marker hand-made by Catherine aka Mama Llama A roomy silk sock sock from Lantern Moon A queen of Knitting Sock Club pen Lilacs in Bloom hand lotion An adorable pyramid gift box filled with gold and silver luster dusted Cleopatra chocolates by Gayle's Chocolates A calendar magnet with all of the Woolgirl Sock Club shipping dates A hand-made Cleopatra sheep card from a local designer and artist Willa Landino An individual sized sample of SOAK

Loopy Ewe Sock Club



This first kit included:
An exclusively dyed skein of Casbah called "Ocean Currents" merino/cashmere blend
The pattern plays up those currents in "Under the Sea" by Sharon Hart.
Included a few knitting tools, a carbine to strap on to your KIP bag which had a pen and tape measure together. A sock needle sizer.We also got Loopy KissesI also became a Loopy Ewe Groupie, after your sixth purchase you get a goody bag. I got a Loopy Ewe bag, pattern, yarn and Loopy Kisses.
This time around it must have been the time for cashmere yarn I just thought it was strange that both clubs would have been cashmere. I could show more but this has gone on long enough. So I'll have to tell you about my knitting latter. So keep warm and those sticks aclickn'.
Happily knitting socks, Bye.

1 comment:

Toby said...

Wow, lots of fun stuff in those sock club shipments! I've never done a sock club, but I did do a lace club this year. I've been waiting to reveal the photos to be sure everyone got theirs (even though I don't think any other members read my blog).

I'm also keeping my eye out for a pattern release of the X's and O's socks. I know my Mom would love them.