Wednesday, February 6, 2008

What's Happening

Well not much has happened around here. Tony's gotten a new job at Homestead in Lynden, He will be in charge of the catering department. He will be starting sometime next week.
Well, my job is another story, I've gone from 12 hours a week to 8 hours this week. With garbage shifts, Tuesday night, I had 3 tables and Wednesday am Espresso Bar so no money either day. So I guess I've got to go out job hunting, something I just don't want to do. But next week that's what I must do.

We are heading to Vegas for the weekend. Tony wanted to get away before he started his new job. So off to sin city we go. It should be fun, hopefully it will be warm and I need to warm my bones. We leave tomarrow and return on Sunday afternoon. It will be fun to get away.

Today, my boys turn 20. They are becoming young men, now, they just need to move out, sometimes I don't want them to go but other times I do. Neither one is going to be home tonight, they each have to be with a girlfriend, they forget who bore them and who's taken care of them but do I count for anything. I guess thats growing up.

My knitting keeps me going. I've almost finished my "Chocolatier" Socks, I'm using the Nutkin pattern. I really enjoy this pattern and LOVE the yarn. Wendee of Hazel Knits has choosen a beautiful yarn which she has dyed an amazing color. The yarn knits so smoothly I've had no problems at all, I can't always say that with all yarns. I've also got her "Home Team" yarn, Seahawk colors I'm going to start them on the plane, Micheal has picked this yarn out. He has decided he wants 7 pairs of socks one for each day no more cotton sock for him only Mom's handknit socks. This pair I'm using Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush, "Gentleman's Fancy Sock" so its not just a plain ribbing.
I'm also going to be doing some sample knitting for Jen at Woolgirl so I can't wait to start. I have no idea what I will be knitting so that has me excited. So I've got a lot on my needles but I can't wait. It all keeps me happy and if I'm happy then everyone around me is happy.

I'll post pictures of my projects as soon as I get my camera back from Chris. So Keep those sticks a clickin and have a great week and weekend.

No comments: