Sunday, January 23, 2011

Welcome to the New Year

I know that it's been awhile since I last posted, I do apologize. There is no excuse but I have been at work a lot. I've finally got a day off so I thought I better post. Work has kept me busy, even though we have not been busy busy, things keep going. Tony wants me to go to night which I don't really want because that's when I knit so I will have to learn to change my knitting schedule. It is doable.
WIP: Project 1:
I've got half of Abby's wrap done. Here's a peak. I like how it is turning out. Now to cast on the other half I just don't feel it yet. I will get it on the needles one day, I found a few stitch's that I dropped that I have to pick-up. Gena is going to help me block it and that will take a bit of time.



Project 2: I working on a pair of socks two at a time on one needle. I had trouble casting on I just couldn't do it and after several attempts I cast on the cuffs on dpn's and then put them on the needle I need help to figure it out I know that it is something very simple that I'm doing wrong and once I get it it will be a smack in the head.The pattern is a Cookie A. pattern Hedera form her book Knit. Sock. Love. I want to knit through the book and this is her first pattern. I'm using Dream in Color yarn Smooshy in the colorway Jungle Cloud. I is my travel knitting I'm working on the gusset now.
Project 3: Another Hat, called Midnight Sun. I must be totally crazy I've been on a hat knitting binge as of late. I've knit 12 hats in the last month. They make great, quick and easy gifts. I gave each of the kids a hat, the boys each got 2. Gena and Brian got a hat and now I have to make some for ME and anyone else that wants one. The small picture is the one that is on the needles and the other is a finished one Micheal claimed it. This is a fun pattern and well written I really liked knitting it other hats that I have knit is Turn a Square , Hermione Hearts Ron , Knotty But Nice , Odessa and several others.
Project 4: Monica's Veil I just got it cast on and it was work I have never done a Pi Shawl and working with so few stitches on larger needles, I was all thumbs and I had a lot of trouble but I did work it out. Went to Wear on Earth and sat and worked it out I've got about 144 stitches on the needles right now and am enjoying the knitting I can't wait to see how it looks a bit longer.
Well that's it on the needles I guess I better get something done on the knitting front. I will try to be better at blogging but life and knitting come first.
So keep those sticks aclickn'.
Happily knitting, Bye.

No comments: